Monday 15 May 2017

597 - Bolt Action - 4KSLI, 11th Armoured Division - Group Hug!

Hullo, Folks!

I've got a really rather pretty battle report coming up (and some bits for Zzzzzz), but real-life keeps getting in the way. In the meantime, here are some group pics of my first love in Bolt Action: some of the lorried infantry of my 4KSLI collection, with some of their inevitable support elements (of whom more later...!):
"Smile!"

NB: That nearest truck - on the right - was not quite
finished at this point. No-one cares but me.
Well, I guess that'll need to do for now. There's much news from this Draxian neck of the woods, and I've just realised that I'm not too far shy of 600 posts now...

...but we'll see what comes up, eh?

TTFN, and happy hobbying,

- Drax.

10 comments:

  1. Fortunately I'm resisting temptation to jump in for plastic Paras, wooden Horsa and the Pegasus Bridge set to knock up a diorama.

    the house isn't big enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Danke!

      What can I say? - I like lining up toy soldiers!

      Delete
  3. That's a mighty fine looking force you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine looking bunch! Surprised you don't have a Medium Mortar or even a Heavy Mortar team in your collection?

    Looking forward to reading what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh...but this is just the painted stuff that I had with me in my dad's house (where I had both space and 'light' to photograph them.

      In actual fact - in addition to this (some of which is unpainted; some is actually finished!) I also have the following:

      another Cromwell,
      three Shermans,
      a Stuart Recce,
      another 3 tonner,
      a 15cwt 'tilly',
      a 25pdr,
      an RAF observer,
      a medic,
      another rifle section,
      a flamethrower team,
      a senior officer,
      a second PIAT,
      a handful of engineers,
      a 4.2" heavy mortar and
      TWO 3" medium mortars!

      One of the medium mortars is long-term almost finished, and the 4.2" mortar is a lovely model...but it has no crew. I can sub in some of the engineers and spare 25pdr crew, but I still find it an annoying frustration.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant work Drax; they look lovely. A nice group shot. Can't wait to see them kicking some Jerries across France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Hopefully, in the next post you'll see them kicking some Jerries across Hamburg...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!