Tuesday, 8 January 2019

667 - 2018 Winter Challenge: British Paras! Days 9-15

Evening, All!

It's been a mixed week. I made a lot of progress to start with, and then realised - to my utter frustration, that I was missing a key colour: the red-brown for the camo. 
As you might be able to see from the test figure I did, below, (which is only about 90% complete) the brown is just too...brown. Rats.
So how, then, did I fill the time in my hour of need? Well firstly, I got all the green patches, helmets and equipment...
 ...including my 4KSLI medic and my RAF Regiment PIAT team, just because they were at hand (note the RAF shoulder flashes on the chaps at the back):
I also bought this paint rack for a few quid. It's basic, but fits inside my little hobby cupboard:
 ...and whilst I had the Russian Armour green out, I took the chance to prime and base-coat my Challenger A30 - more on this in another post, sometime.
I also finished off the last of the Sarissa MDF scenery I was putting together for Guy, for Beyond the Gates of Antares:
And finally - I quickly put together a small rocky outcrop with a simple automated lighthouse and hut for Cruel Seas:
Annoyingly, what makes this worse is that I thought I'd ordered the red-brown colour. The paints arrived today, and I didn't. That means an even longer wait, and so I'll have to work out what to do with the paras in the meantime: probably boots and flesh at least...

- Drax.