Monday 10 December 2018

664 - Bolt Action Tank Wars

Hullo, All!
Last week I had the singular pleasure of getting to play a stonkingly fun game of Bolt Action 'Tank Wars' again...and I just had to share some of the pics!
I'll spare you the detailed narrative, but essentially it was a 'meeting engagement' between two of my own forces: my late-war Heer versus my British 11th Armoured Division, played by 'C', who also brought a Churchill Mk III along to join in the fun.
Many thanks to David at the club (and C) who between them contrived to make a beautifully themed 8x4 German village table with smoke curling gently from the homes of its unsuspecting residents. 

Pics now!
One of my 11AD objective markers
 Flammenwerfer!
 Flammenwerfer incredibly strikes again! Bye-bye Tommycooker Firefly!
This bastard 6pdr was in ambush all game. Git.
 First outing for this lorry.
It turns out that the sides (1750pts each) were really well matched, and 'C' was of course a smashing opponent: he was thoroughly sporting throughout, and - like me - took as much amusement in his own fluffed rolls as he did joy in mine!

As always, the real star of this clash was the scenery. Now...what I really need is a better camera!

Thanks also to Justin for the kind use of his photos.

Cheers,

- Drax.

6 comments:

  1. Not sure why, but that truck with the Mickey Mouse camo is by far my favorite of the paint jobs in this lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!

      Thanks, Cheef! I have a particular fondness for these lorries (and their camo) too!

      Delete
  2. A great looking game with a splendid collection of vehicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil - it was definitely fun to play!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!