Saturday 16 June 2012

318 Amazing, Beautiful New Terrain!

The title says it all - here are some sneak peeks at the new scenery tables being worked on for the 40K campaign weekend coming up next month at my FLGS, The Giant's Lair. Seriously, there guys really know their onions when it comes to busting cool-looking tables.

Part of the idea for these is that they each represent the terrain on the different moons over the system being fought over. Firstly, the stunning 'Chaos Volcano':
Next, an incredible 'Ice' table - I've never seen its like before. None of this comes out in the photo, but trust me when I say it has about 6 different layers of iceflow, which all look as if they're actually moving and which are topped by a sheet of perspex, upon which additional terrain may be placed:
And thridly, a pretty huge third table (I think the 'water' is temporary:
I'll take more when I can!

- Drax.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! They look incredible; that's going to be a fantastic weekend. Any idea how the colours are done for that lava? I've been (unsuccessfully) trying something similar on my bases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup!

    I think the lava's done by the same guy who did the cool Chaos sigil bottom right of the pictures - he's a professional airbrush artist, from what I gather...

    you should drop them a line and ask - they're pretty personable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Chaos table- so badass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice table gets my vote. Love all the love that's going on underneath that perspex.

    Yer a lucky get to be able to play on those sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice tables! Hope you can play on them sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!