For the first time in a long while, I painted this evening. Just a quick repaint of a Z-95, but a little something at least, in a very quiet month.
[NB: Please excuse the odd colours - blogger's being a pain.]
This Headhunter model arrived damaged (the bottom thrusters at the stern are compressed up, as is the entire rump, which gives its wings and its weapons a slightly downward pitch) but I took rather a shine to it, so I've decided to mark it out for use with unique pilots - particularly Lt Blount:
On account of its oddly retro downwards slope, I've christened it the 'Saab-95'. You can't really see the malformation here, and unsurprisingly Fantasy Flight Games sent a replacement from America within a week. Of course, I've yet to weather it - especially the nose cone.
I stole ideas for the design from the 'Scum and Villainy' card for N'dru Suhlak, via Rob's Jedi Miniatures [link here - he does it awfully, awfully well], and - having looked at it again for the purposes of this post - I've just realised I'll have to change it rather more tto make it look less like Suhlak's hotrod.
...at least I've got some painting done!