Friday 9 November 2018

660 - Bolt Action Game Vs Charlie Foxtrot

Hullo, All. 

I had the singular pleasure - last month - of visiting Charlie Foxtrot HQ in Darkest Cornwall for a game of Bolt Action. What a smashing afternoon it was, too, although I apparently didn't get many photos, alas.
Although the Horsa disappeared before the actual game, it set the scene beautifully, as the Paras had invested the smallholding, and my Heer had the unenviable task of dislodging them.
We played one of the missions from the rulebook - the one with the weird reserve rules where they can potentially arrive from all over the place - and as I was attacking veterans in cover, things were rather stacked against me...but it was super-fun to try!
Here, the Heer advance against the brave Brits. Or try to.
...whilst on my right, my reinforcements arrive - too few.
For a laugh, my troops tried a 'Hail Mary's assault on the farmstead. Their dice rolls - inevitabily - were no better than any of the others.
And this - ultimately - was where I made my final stand. The Brits prevailed utterly, and an enjoyable time was had by all!

With hearty thanks to the marvellous Charlie Foxtrot for his hospitality...not to mention the chance to see his amazing collection of beautifully painted toys and (of course) scenery!

Until next time, then,

- Drax.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Charlie Foxtrot is pretty damned good at what he does!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, always plenty of fun to had at Charlie Foxtrot HQ 😎
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Matt - didn't realise you were local!

      Delete
  3. Oh that is nice ! You needed an E50, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie Foxtrot are my fav mdf terrain producer and Colin seems a right decent chap. (Even featured my little Eastern Front cabin on the Charlie Foxtrot Facebook page.)
    Glad you got to game there - the table looks great and that game sounded challenging indeed mate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!