Friday 16 November 2018

661 - Early-War German Vehicles

Does exactly what it says on the tin: last month I finished off three early-war transports to accompany my captured Bren-PaK36.
 The two Lledo Mack trucks are intended to represent two captured BEF trucks which have been captured and hastily repurposed by the Boche; the open-backed one is supposed to be a requisitioned civvie truck. 

(NB: Here it's seen with the crappy flash)

As they make their way into North-Eastern France, then, my Germans now have the means to actually keep up with their tanks without knackering their horses!

Until next time...

- D. 

13 comments:

  1. That's a fine looking motor pool sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cheap and easy!

      (The lorries at least)

      Delete
  2. Yes indeed, they are a group of good looking soft skins. Are the lledo mack trucks all metal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tilt, wheels and headlights are plastic; all else is metal.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Wait, I thought the average kraut footslogger entered France more frequently on horse-and-cart?

    Regardless, a lovely trio indeed.

    Tried to find some of these on Ebay over here but came up woefully short. :( Either no scale listed (I already suffered from a "good deal" only to receive a useless 1/72 vehicle...) or price+shipping made the whole endeavour as expensive as buying the plastic Warlord/Rubicon kits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're cheap as chips over here, and quite a few folk use them! Weridly, in 3 years of playing, I've never actually been able to compare them to 'official' lorries.

    Yes, I get the whole footslogging thing, but honestly, I absolutely HATE painting horses, so that's why my Germans have 'forcibly requisitioned' some wheels...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to have a word with my mum to see if she can source a pair for my upcoming Canadians...

      Delete
    2. Mate - the next time I see some I'll bag a couple for you.

      Delete
  5. Lovely, you could also claim they sre Bussing Nags or similar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Mike, and thanks for the rip-off: these were hitherto unknown to me! Ta!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!