Saturday 8 July 2017

601 - In Memoriam

Dear Readers,

Apologies for the slowing of posts recently, but over the last few weeks (and months, actually), my father, Peter, was very ill, and sadly he died this week.

He was a good, good human, and I'm very grateful for his wisdom, appreciative of his pedantry, and proud of his service as a Chief Petty Officer, Artificer, RN.
L-R: brother; some officer awarding my dad a clasp to his
LSGC medal; me; my dad and my mum. c.1991?

Normal service will resume shortly...whatever that means. 

TTFN,

- Chris. 

18 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss Chris, my thoughts are with you and your family. You've every right to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences for your loss matey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, sorry for your loss. Your father is now sailing the seven seas with a fair wind and following sea, spinning dits with Nelson and having the best run ashore with subbies! God Bless 'im Shipmate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Siph. He was ever Neptune when Crossing the Line...!

      Delete
  4. Very sad news Chris, although from what you have said above it seems like it was very much a life well-lived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My most sincere condolences, Chris. Celebrate a life well lived and well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My condolences to you and yours sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really sorry for your loss Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joe.

      Time helps, apparently; as do kind thoughts, even from strangers!

      Hope all's well, and thanks again.

      Delete
  8. Much love to you and your family mate during this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dai.

      Your thoughts and kind words were (are) appreciated.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!