Monday 30 December 2013

400 - Day 10/14 - FOUR-HUNDREDTH POST!

Wow  - 400 posts eh?!

And yet, I suspect it'll pass without much celebration because:
  1. I'm in the middle of an ill-advised 14-post run;
  2. I've been travelling all evening and only got home an hour ago - I therefore now have fewer than seven minutes to get my daily post in;
  3. The content of today's post is really mundane;
  4. The picture won't even have grabbed anyone's attention, and
  5. It's New Year's Eve tomorrow: who's sitting at home reading blogs?!
Still, it feels kinds good. I'll celebrate properly when this forced fortnight is over.

Today's hobby time: assembling my Matilda!
Mrs. Drax stepped on it as she came in (I love that after 4 days away the accumulated parcels on our doorstep were utterly unstolen!) but the Matilda is fine and already being assembled: it's dry assembly too - no glue required! Go figure.

More pics tomorrow, as it was quite an effort to I had to fish the camera out of the car for this one I took 15 minutes ago...

Ta-ta for now,

- D.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 400, Drax! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog over the years and I look forward to another 400!

    Hope you and the family have a wonderful New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 400 milestone Drax - you are a cornerstone of the blogging community.

    Hoping you and yours have a fantastic and safe new years and all the best for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's another well deserved "Congrats!" That's an impressive number, and I for one am looking forward to the future.

    Keep up the hard work, and have a wonderful New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Admiral!
    "who's sitting at home reading blogs?!" - Well, there's a bloke in Cheshire with a poorly rabbit, for one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, another tired teacher who's done the christmas "rounds" and looking forward to getting in some hobby time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely understated post, Admiral. Loadsa people are looking at it I'll bet. I've been checking the interweb every few hours all holiday to see when your next next post is ! Keep it up, I have already selected your prize for success !

    Poorly rabbit ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations! Here's to another 400 to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 400 is a worthy number for sure.

    Keep it up sir, always a pleasure to come here and see where your hobby is at.

    Zvezda kits typically go together really well sans glue, though I'd advise using a little here and there to strengthen connections.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, All!

    Never would've seen this day coming back in May 2008...but I'm glad so many folks have stuck with me. Thanks, All.

    Regards to the rabbit Peter...

    ReplyDelete
  10. 400 is definitely worthy of a little celebration, there are few out there that have the dedication to make it that far, you should be very proud of yourself. Loving the regular posting, and very nice to see you back on the wagon again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!