Back in May, in Post 500 (here: link) I announced that I was planning to sell off my 40K Imperial Guard army. Within only a couple of days of this I'd had a couple of folks showing genuine interest (thanks, chaps!) and a message from Colonel Winterborne of the 4th Praetorian Mechanised Regiment (here: link) informing me that I had to go out fighting.
And thus a legend was born.
Shortly thereafter, and in a process totalling (so far) over a hundred emails, a home was found for the game (Kirton Games in Crediton, run by Col. Gravis), an enemy was found for the Imperium of Man and a handful of additional belligerents were uncovered too, so in total we now have the following:
- 4th Praetorian Regiment of Foot (The Lord Governor's Own) under Col. Gravis himself, with a notable detachment of cavalry (here: link)
Col. Gravis. Windswept. Bit of a smoldering 'Poldark' thing going on there, wouldn't you say?
- 4th Preatorian Mechanised Regiment, under Col. Winterborne. I should point out that both of these Praetorian armies are absolutely bloomin' stunning and my lacklustre Cadians will sully the table just by being near them.
Col. Winterborne. Whiskery. Okay - this guy means business.
- 2/24th Cadian Light Infantry under the local command of Admiral Drax (with recent reinforcements from a liaison detachment of 262 Line Regiment of Krieg, under Oberst Horne [please see Zzzzzz's delightful fluff in my last post, here])
- An Ork Warband led by Warboss Gorblud (Matt),
- A Second Ork Warband of Goffs, led by Braindead Bigsod (Mike) and
- Yet Another Ork Warband led by Wazdakka Gutsmek (James)
Sadly my knowledge and understanding of our Orkish adversaries (both on and off the field) is limited, but frankly, that seems appropriate, given the fog of war (and the fact that the Ork players aren't bloggers).
Sadly, my grasp of the rules since 5th edition is also pretty tenuous, but I'm sure I'll pick it up, right?
Gravis and his team at Kirton Games [BUY STUFF FROM THEM HERE! --> link] have been doing a sterling job of getting tables, scenery, Leviathans etc. ready for this event (when their real lives have allowed it), and I'm grateful to Winterborne and Matt in particular for penning some great background fluff and rules.
Mostly though, I'm humbled and touched by this fiendly ol' blogosphere of ours a-rallying round!
- 4 Days...