Tuesday 28 October 2008

054 Wyvern Progress Continues to Progress

Hi, folks!

I'll keep this mostly simple: I'm very grateful for all the comments so far, and here are the pics of the latest work on my wyvern conversion. Particular thanks to Grey Death for this pic of the Bradley Linebacker - it may be local air defence, but it's been a good source of inspiration!


Basically, I'm pretty happy with the way the wyvern's progressing, but though I like the new C-brackets for the tubes (I drilled them), I think the re-jigged mounts are now a little too high. I'll see what I can do about lowering them.



Any thoughts on how I might bulk out the turret at the front? I might try and cut some extra armour plates - maybe spaced.

Cheers - Drax.

4 comments:

  1. Yup. Definitely need to lower those tubes!

    - Drax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to lower the tubes but I would also maybe add a long sticky out sensor otop of the stubber to make it look like satelite targetting (this would be laser targetting as it is the 40 first milennium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about the lowering... I think for me, it's a matter of bulking out the mounts. The tubes look rough and tough while the mounts look delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're doing a great job. I've been playing with ideas on doing something like this, but your approach tops anything I've come up with.

    I agree with ronsaikowski here that the mounts just look too fragile. Shame FW doesn't sell this mount separately: Forge World Missile Launcher Sentinel.

    As for bulking up the turret, the turret armor from a Hellhound (mounted on the angled part of the turret) may be enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!