Thursday 29 July 2010

216 Second Night at the New Club = Success.

Hi, All,

I went to the club again tonight: I really like it, and I look forward to getting to become a regular there (work permitting). The club is the marvellous Cross-Swords Gaming Club, and it's also a store (catering for a range of different systems) so even if you're not local to Devon in the UK, it's still worth checking out the link!

Tonight I had a fun game Against a very sporting chap called Jason, who was playing with a chaos daemons army. Sadly for Jason, he'd put together an anti-horde list (having seen my infantry company a fortnight ago) and I'd figured I'd try out a mech list. D'oh!

I took these guys along:No batrep, but in summary, his daemons made a rather piecemeal arrival due to some really duff deep-strike rolls, struggled to hurt my vehicles and then got eradicated (mostly by shooting) as they hove into range. We ended with him having scored two KPs, and with only three bloodletters and a damaged, immobile soulgrinder left for him to fight back with. The dice really were unkind to Jason, alas.

As for my stuff?

Marbo was pretty useless but a fun distraction, G/Sgt Harker was...meh...and the jury's out on the devil dog. It did nuke the other soulgrinder, but was broadly ineffectual beforehand. Nurgle truly are buggers to kill.

I can see why people find chimera-vets such an attractive choice, though I couldn't bring myself to arm mine with anything beyond grenade launchers!

My list, for reference:

HQ:

Primaris Psyker

EL:

Guardsman Marbo

TP:

Vets w. G/Sgt Harker, autocannon, hvy flamer, 2 grenade launchers [infiltrated]

Vets w. 3 grenade launchers,
- Chimera [with Primaris Psyker attached]

Vets w. 3 grenade launchers,
- Chimera

FA:

Hellhound w. hvy stubber + smoke

Hellhound w. hvy stubber + smoke

Devil Dog w. smoke

HS:

Leman Russ MBT

Leman Russ Exterminator w. hvy bolter sponsons + hvy stubber

Leman Russ Exterminator w. hvy bolter sponsons + hvy stubber

= 1500pts.

Cheers, and thanks to Jason too, if you read this. Cheers for being a good sport.

- Drax.

5 comments:

  1. Heh, so I'm not the only one then? After 4 consecutive games in which my Devil Dog managed to only kill a single rhino, i gave up on it and went back to its original armament of the Bane Wolf's chem cannon. Soon thereafter the casualties again started to pile up. I suppose that the tank's crew were displeased with my changing the armament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! Well, maybe not for the daemons, but who cares, they're pure evil anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Devildog can be surprising versatile in that it can provide a severe threat to enemy tanks and tough troops. You need to chose your targets carefully ... but the cannon against big targets or bunched up termies/plaguebearers is frankly brilliant.

    And, oddly, it doesn't usually attract the heat of a banewolf or hellhound ... which is well, funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're able to get some club time in.

    For me, It's the best night of the week!

    I look forward to more reports!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, dudes.

    I can't quite bring myself to go the route of the bane wolf at the moment - it just seems a little too cheesey.

    It did almost take out a cluster of rock-hard daemons too though...

    It's good to get games in at last, after spending years and years painting the little buggers. I'm going to try to organise a special scenario against a fully painted foe too, and write up a proper batrep.

    Watch this space...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!