Sunday 19 April 2015

499 - "Men of Harlech, On to Glory!"

This is Post 499 - that means the next one's a biggie for Drax. There'll even be a wee competition, with predictably underwhelming prizes. But first...

THANK YOU, WALES!

...Because you gave the world Dai, over at The Lost and the Damned and the Stunted [link] and he sent me a wonderful pressie through the post: A pack of flowers, with which to prettify the bases of my new 28mm Bolt Action Brits...and as a special treat, a dessert-painted Honey Stuart for my next-on-the-list-and-soon-to-be-cobbled-together Flames of War Desert Rats. 

What a gent!

Sadly, I don't have access to the camera at the moment, so I can't take any pics, but in honour of his lovely gift, I spent an enjoyable two evening hobby sessions watching the marvellous 'Zulu' (which is - of course - my favourite film of all time), so here instead is Alphonse de Neuille's 'The Defence of Rorke's Drift' instead. A smashing piece of work:

In the meantime, by the way, the internet is still TERRIBLE here, which is why I've been on your blogs less. Do be patient - I'll be back, I promise!

- Drax.

9 comments:

  1. Drax, I've 3 Honey Stuart's still in packaging I asked for by mistake at Xmas (I got the versions mixed up). I've now got the versions I need, but that's left me with these 3 spare. Mid war isn't my thing. Drop me a comment if you want to try and trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey Stuarts, a love of the film Zulu, sporadic internet connections... we have a lot in common, you and I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now...if only I could paint so rapidly and effectively as you, Paul.

      Here's to a meet and fitting ANZAC Day this weekend, mate...we'll be thinking of you.

      Delete
  3. Hummm.

    Maybe the bloodcoats and other PDF elements should wipe out B Coy of the Cadian 24th at one of the remote Grox Ranches ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent you a mail Drax (to the account given on your blogger profile).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zulu is one of my fav films too.

    You are most welcome sir. I hope the tank will not be lonely for too long. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!