...and here's how it looks:
My salamander/HQ chimera variant's not finished yet (still needs some washing, highlighting and a little weathering) but little features to note include following:
- the little winch under the flamer
- the optical unit above the driver's port
- the new addition of a gun shield (although it seems maybe a little bare)
- there's rust on the wheel hubs which I'm quite happy with
- I like the petrol can on the spare wheel
- the wheels rotate
- I'm useless at painting lights
- the front-left mud guard still looks a little bare
- I've tried to use red as a sort of 'spot colour'
- strangely (it being a vehicle) this is the first of my models on which I've ever tried to shade and highlight fabric: I'm fairly pleased with the result, but it's not something that comes easily to me.