Yup: it's back.
And I'm going to give it another go.
Many thanks, by the way, for your kind comments on my last post! I shall be randomly selecting a 'winner' soon, so do please watch this space.
Yes, the 6MMRPC has returned (see link, here) and despite my work as an examiner being about to start imminently, I intend to have a good crack at this. We'll see, eh?
The details have been tweaked a bit - what follows is lifted wholesale from The Spiderweb of History (see link, above): We've changed up the time frame - it's going to run from June 1, 2015 thru November 30, 2015. This avoids Christmas. There have also been a few rules changes, and some exciting additions IN BOLD.
1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker. You get three jokers to use on a figure purchase. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge. The only exception to this rule is if you need bitz or A FIGURE (Singular) to complete a unit/warband etc.
1.1 - There is an opportunity to "earn" additional jokers. If you complete an entire project (whole unit/army/warband etc.) with pictures of starting, WIP, and completion, you earn yourself a Joker.
2. Gifts do not count against you. Holidays, birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise.
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.
4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED. Other theme suggestions are welcomed.
6. Anyone that wants to submit a before and after picture of a miniature that they are proud of completing during the course of the challenge to email@example.com will be entered into the running for a gift certificate to a online wargaming store of their choice. Judging will be by an un-biased person. Amount on the gift certificate will be dictated by winners nationality but should work out to about $30 U.S. I (Spiderweb of History) will not be eligible to win.
So spread the word folks, and lets make this an even better challenge than the last!