Wednesday 29 November 2017

611 - Sherman Patrol in 28mm...At Last!

Hullo All,

Yes, I've finished them. Those three Shermans I got for only about £15 a while ago have finally been painted up. 

Unusually for me - but entirely deliberately - I decided to do these as a batch, so they're quite samey. They're not really the ideal version, as they lack the bolted bits on the chin of the hull (I've no idea what any tank bits are called, by the way)... BUT just as with my infantry, they're supposed to be the 28mm version of my 15mm force, and they do at least match the three US Shermans I have in 15mm (link here)! I suppose they've been brought up from the rear as battlefield replacements...
They're not as shiny as they look...

Oh, and just for shits and giggles, they have consecutive serial numbers too!

For once, I've added some stowage (I'm trying to work towards retro-fitting more of this to my existing vehicles in the long run) - in this case, it's the VERY nicely sculpted generic set from Debris of War. 

The commander hasn't photographed very well, but he is decently enough painted in his black overalls and beret, I promise! I actually feel he's rather too small: I often hang out next to a Sherman and they're bloody tiny...but then, I suppose I'm a big fellow, and tankies weren't renowned for being the beefiest of chaps...

Well, TTFN.

- Drax.

PS: Here's an old pic of their smaller-scale brethren in action:

10 comments:

  1. Very nice Drax. These are plain old M4’s (Sherman I’s in British parlance). Same as my 144RAC 15mm Guys. The Yanks used mainly M4’s, M4A1’s and M4A3’s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta very much, James!

      I shall be fielding them as the later variants, Rules-wise, but luckily I only tend to play friendly and/or narrative games, so it's unlikely to present any problems!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Tank Wars edition Drax gaming ahead!?

    Lovely squadron mate. It's Brit tanks - the most boring to look at of all WW2 tanks in our hobby. No shame. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, a large game is on the horizon for next year. I've got 15 or so AFVs now for these guys, plus transports. Ouch!

      Oh did you see my previous post? I thought you might find it interesting...

      Delete
  3. Tank anatomy lesson booked.

    Clear your mind of stadia rods, obturation rings, charge bags, CoM, AMC and that other breach creature shite....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deal.

    "Fire mission, six guns, over?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Aye mate. I thought I'd hate them in comparison to my Cromwells, but to my surprise, I actually found that I liked them more!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!