Wednesday 14 February 2018

627 - 4-Ground Buildings in 15mm and 28mm

Hullo, All,

This is not a review, per se, but I recently got the chance to put together some 4-Ground stuff for a friend, and I just thought I'd share its prettiness.

The kits are incredibly well designed and flawlessly cut in every case: just an absolute joy to experience!

I'll let the photos do the talking, really, but this is what it boils down to: (1) the kits are absolutely brilliant; (2) some of the instructions could be a tiny bit clearer. That is all.

15mm Buildings:
These buildings both have two terraced
premises with three floors each (incl.
the attic), all of which can take troops.

Gorgeous.

...and then the other lovely building...
Rather impressively, this kit (but
not t'other) comes with posters
and signage in German and French.
Genius.

15mm Fences and Walls (~1.5m of each):
These are gorgeous.
Fragile, yet surprisingly sturdy.
These are really solid...and even
have chunks which can be removed!

28mm 'Chicago Way' Shotgun House:

This was astonishingly good fun to put together...and a lot bigger than I had anticipated.
I had the M3 Lee nearby. For scale.
This kit has five or six different
colours, and goes together like
a dream.
'Shotgun Houses' were notable
for their all in-line doorways.

Even Mrs Drax appreciated this model - I reckon it was her Chicago South-Side heritage.

So there you go. Just brilliant.

- Drax.

2 comments:

  1. I do like 4Ground's stuff and the pre-painting is a real bonus, but their prices are just too much for my gaming budget.

    But that Lee.... O_o so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, no - not that I have my own scenery any more, but I could never afford this stuff!

      And in terms of the Lee..?

      Tune in next week, my friend.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!