|That sratch-built Lamba shuttle on the pad will give you an idea of scale: it's 7mm long.|
- I'm not giving up on 40K. Despite all of GW's subtle attempts to - ahem - alienate me, I'm going to try to follow Zzzzzz's example and play 40K occasionally, and for fun, with whatever passes for a vague approximation of the rules. I'm not even going to bother trying to keep abreast of the changes. This will probably mean a longer-term storage for the IG, which will make my minimal storage space far more manageable.
- I'm entering an X-Wing tournament. Genuinely. I plan to take a themed, rather than particularly competitive squadron, but that doesn't really matter nearly so much in X-Wing. Rather pleasingly, it's hosted by the wonderful Col. Gravis!
- I've started expanding into Bolt Action at 28mm. I just couldn't resist, despite my misgivings about painting historicals at that scale. Late-War British Army, naturellement. Some folks have also been kind enough to steer me towards other rules sets for which I can hopefully use the same minis. Watch this space for developments, folks...
- I've made a moon-base as an objective for X-Wing. Yup. See pic, above. Details in a post soon.
- I'm ebay-ing some more stuff. Gotta happen sometime, right?
- I've made some modular hills! A wee Christmas holiday project, above. In case you're not a follower of The Terrain Guy on youtube (link here), well...he's none other than Mel of 'Col. Corbane' fame - another old-skool blogger, and his youtube clips are brilliantly useful! Following his advice I fairly swiftly planned, organised and made fifteen hills, ten of which are fully modular and interchangeable (the ones with red on the top). It made a fair bit of mess, but it brought me a heck of a lot of joy...and recycled a Christmas present box. Yay.
|Planning notes and templates for the above.|
A maturation, then, for Drax. Here's to what will - hopefully - be a great hobby year for us all, right?