Sunday 19 July 2015

514 - 6MMRPC 7: A Little More Excitement for Drax

Hullo, All.

I'm afraid that this single tank will need to count for this week's 6MMRPC, as I've been away in Amsterdam all last week. But it's a great tank:
Not yet finished, but an absolute JOY to construct! Kudos, Battlefront; kudos.

That's right - the excellent Damon over at tabletopbattle.com [link] has invited me to paint up a unit for their charity auctions (for veterans - check it out on their site!), and I offered to paint their donated Battlefront Comets, seeing as I'm geared up for painting 11th Armoured Division tanks anyway. Yay!

NB: Being a low-urgency painted-for-charity unit, I shall decree that this unit will NOT count as a 'purchase' towards my 6MMRPC, but I shall factor its completion into my list. Pleasingly, I'll be able to paint these in concert with my recently-built replacement Shermans...

The Comets arrived whilst I was away: it's four complete tanks plus a fifth minus its turret. Damon has suggested making it an objective marker, so that'll be a nice challenge too. Included in the package was also the lovely box of Soviet Naval Brigade, as mentioned in my last post. Gorgeous.

But these babies are not my priority right now. Time ticks on apace, and I've got 25 stormtroopers to paint, methinks...and my summer holidays have just begun...

- D.

14 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing those comets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking model, and a worthy cause you're contributing to as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Mate.

      Nice looking model of a nice looking tank!

      Delete
  3. I've just 'bought' one of those on my World of Tanks Blitz game! Not quite the same, but awesome tank none the less. Looking forward to seeing it completed. If you dont have the game, don't download it - it sucks all the spare hobby time!!! (It is fun tho!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee-hee!

      I daren't play any computer games, because (a) I don't have a very powerful computer or swift internet, and (b) I find them WAAAAAAY too addictive. Genuinely haven't played computer games in my adult life. Daren't. Just daren't.

      Delete
  4. Thats a dinky little fella. The detail capture at the scale is fantastic. We truly are in a golden age of miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heartily agree! Props to Plasti Soldier Company for leading the charge on this, too.

      Delete
  5. Not that I need more added to my unpainted mound, but I may well stick a box of these (or 2!) down on my Xmas list....

    Very good of you to paint for the charity auction though sir - kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money well spent - the kits are amazing (and the actual ones come with crew models and (presumably oversized) decals too)!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!