1) Paint stuff wot needs to be painted;
1) In SIX MONTHS, I painted (and finished) the following:
- five Flames of War Comet tanks...for someone else (a charity auction) - link here: [link]
- nine 40k Orks...ditto for Da Masta Cheef (a blog prize!) - see 'previous' post (#535)
- twenty-five 2nd Ed 40k 'beret-style' stormtroopers/militarum tempestus for the 'Last Hurrah' of my 40k hobby time (pic below), and
- half an aegis defence line.
That's literally all I've finished painting in six whole months (with some base coat slapped on my AEC MkIII en passant too)... but at least...
...2) I bought NOTHING that needs to be painted. Woo-hoo!
To qualify this, things I have actually bought over the timespan of the challenge include the following:
- the excellent 'Chain of Command' rules, by Too Fat Lardies,
- Bolt Action's 'Battleground Europe' supplement,
- For my beloved X-Wing, the original starter set, the 'Most Wanted' set, a B-Wing and a Hwk-290 (none of which - as someone helpfully pointed out, increase my painting mountain),
- Some more Bolt Action order dice and small gaming dice.
NB: I also won a rather spiffing box of Bolt Action Soviet Naval Infantry, but - being neither a purchase nor intended for my usage - they don't count.
So yes: that's where we are. I've saved a crapload of money and painted some stuff.
"What's next then, Chris?" I hear you cry.
Well, I've uncharacteristically entered a friendly* Bolt Action tournament for February...and bafflingly I also volunteered to put together a themed 6x4 table (something I've NEVER done before at all...in 24 years of the hobby!) so I have a to-do list for February:
- Paint 3 Section (already underway)
- Paint 2" Mortar Team (already underway)
- Paint OC's runner and acouple of extra Toms with SMGs (already underway)
- Finish painting my AEC MkIII
- Maybe repaint the markings on my Cromwell (this is so not a priority!)
- Execute and paint my submitted designs for a themed 6x4 playing table.
It'd also be nice to get a couple more practice games in.
After that it's my usual pipe-dreams: (1) build and paint a Desert Rats light tank company for Flames of War, (2) make a 15mm version of my Bolt Action Army and (3) take over the world.
- Bed time.
for swinging by and supporting me in my efforts, and I'm sorry I haven't been keeping abreast of your efforts quite as well as I might have. Often I did actually read your posts, but on my mobile, and commenting on that infernal device is a bit of an arcane art...
* Favourite rule from the tourney pack? - "Don't be a cock".