Sunday 8 April 2018

640 - Bolt Action 28mm Heer Showcase (Part III: Support Units)

It's been a while since I showcased my toys, and I've never really done it with my newer ones, so here are the Late-War Germans. You'll find parts 1 and  (infantry and vehicles) immediately prior to this post - I'd love for you to take a look at them if you've time enough...

Part 3 of 3 - Support Units:

(N.B: As with the infantry squads in part 1, the static grass looks far less bright in real life!)

Nebelwerfer:
I love this unit, and I really love the characterful models: great fun all round. 
Yes, I know that the fellow sharing his base with the 'werfer could never stand there whilst it was firing - it's a little creative licence on my part! It serves not only to balance out the base, but also to give me something with which to carefully pick up the launcher itself!
Panzerschreck:
I think these (and some of my other
Support teams) are technically
Fallschirmjäger models, but they're
Heer now!
Generic Officer:
Okay, so I've recently discovered that
he's actually supposed to be Joachim
Pieper...but as I (a) need an OC and
(b) won't go near SS, he's Heer now too.
81mm Medium Mortar and Spotter:
I love my mortars!
Obviously, the spotter is REVIEWING
HIS FIREPLAN - not "reading a novel"
as one of my erstwhile opponents suggested!
Flamethrower:
My Flammenwerfer team should also be
Fallschirmjäger, I think. Either way, they
isually operate as members of my crack
Assault Engineer team...and in two games
so far they've been utterly useless.

Sniper:
This fellow is sometimes useful, but
let's not pin too many of the Reich's
hopes on him, eh?!
Also Fallschirmjäger.

So there you have it!


In the German pipeline we have the following projects a-bubbling:

  • My E-50 and second Panther to finish,
  • More Early-War/Blitzkrieg infantry,
  • My captured Bren Carrier with PaK 36, and
  • Three more EW vehicles...eventually!

Thanks so much for swinging by - I should have some interesting news, soon...

- Drax.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful vignettes, love the mortar team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you very much, Phil - I love doing these more scenic bases every now and then!

      Delete
  2. What lovely models, you certainly have a beautiful collection there Drax! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colonel!

      I have enjoyed painting the Germans...but it does rather make me yearn for the simplicity of the Brits and Sikhs...!

      Delete



  3. Lovely stuff mate. Going to have to get me a neb team in the future after seeing yours. Looks ace!

    Only FJ figs in these pics were the sniper team. Schreck and flamer teams are heer i believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dai!

      The Neb is super-fun to field if your opponent is up for it.

      ...as for those three teams, if I remember correctly, they all came together in a blister.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!