Friday 8 August 2014

451 - Bofors 40mm S-P for Flames of War...Finished!

Yup - done. Happy Drax.

Pics:
Hand-painting those markings was...fun?
I changed some of the details to make it a wee bit more interesting* and found evidence for each of the choices I made except for the seat upholstery, but I didn't have a decent browny-beige (I can NEVER get any brown colour right), so they've been reupholsted in dark/black instead.

Cheers!

- D.

* The example on the Flames website is hopelessly dull, and lacks some accuracy too - at least as far as I can tell.

9 comments:

  1. A grand result! Did you magnetise the guns so they could swivel? (Did you mention that fact in a previous post?)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No magnets, sadly: I didn't think of it, and besides, I don't quite know where they are at the mo... I reckon it might be too tricky to retrofit it, but I'll have a think...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mate - it was actually something of a pleasure to do, too!

      Delete
  3. Really nice work, love the markings, and I'm sure that black is fine :) brings back memories of the black vinyl on my old land rover 2a, though that was a 66.. so ive no idea how period accurate black is, it still looks appropriate to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, mate, and thanks also for the reply on your blog: I suspect you have a point! oh, there's something in the post for you, too - with thanks.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!