Monday 25 August 2014

456 - Aunty Beeb Chooses Her Own Adventure

I don't know if this link will work for all of my overseas readers (their site doesn't always), but the BBC has put up an article today about everyone's favourite heroes, Jackson and Livingstone (pic is linked):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28865399

My brother and I only had a handful of these, but they weren't half fun!

A few years ago, my wife and I actually made a choose your own adventure for a friend's birthday present, mirroring a possible working day in his life. It ran to some 120 pages and about eight or nine different endings. A fun project that took us the best part of a week - a great deal of planning and mapping-out!

- D.

4 comments:

  1. Somewhere upstairs, there is a dogeared copy of the Warlock of Firetop Mountain. And possibly the Forest of Doom.

    Brilliant stuff, now to see if I can follow the link...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange that I hadn't heard of these books until now... I used to LOVE the "Choose your own Adventure" series of books, and I loved Joe Dever's Lone Wolf series even more. Great stuff all around.

    Interesting note about the three covers in the picture: all three feature a monster looking over its shoulder as it prepares to kill you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books are what started me on my journey into "fantasy".

    Forest of Doom and Deathtrap Dungeon were two of my very fav's.

    Article has been saved for work tomorrow to ease the boredom! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ! It turns out my first ever girlfriend still has Forest of Doom. Damit !

    Zzzzz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!