Wednesday 24 September 2008

045 Games Day III

Hey all,

This, then, is the third installment of Games Day pics. There may be more when (if) my mate forwards them to me, but as I think he's about to go to Canada for a while, this may take some time.

Basically, the other thing that really took my notice there was the display from these guys: The Ammo Bunker. I was impressed by the scenery and massively moreso by the IG conversions by 'Digits', one of their senior bods. Digits was also particularly friendly and helpful with explaining his techniques, many of which I'm now itching to try. All these pics are of his stuff, and they're worth looking closely at:




I did sign up for The Ammo Bunker (do check it out - they've some smashing stuff!), but sadly I can't even begin to understand how the forum-thing works, so I think I'll stick to blogging for the most part: Drax has not left the building.

As for my opinions of Games Day UK '08? Well, it was definitely a great deal of geeky fun, but I think I was - at best - whelmed. Not underwhelmed, and not hugely overwhelmed...just whelmed. It didn't help that the sales staff apparently didn't figure that a lot of people might just want to buy the new stuff - they seemed to sell out of all the cool toys (eg: I thought I'd buy Apoc: Reloaded; my mate fancied the new Codex: Space Marines) within about an hour. Surely they could have anticipated such a surge...it's not like they're amateurs at making a quick buck! Ah well...their loss.

- Drax.

9 comments:

  1. Looks quite cool, then again your photo's probably are of all the great stuff there. Always meant to go but never got round to it.

    Also agree about selling out of stock quickly at events like this, i went to the Blizzard event in paris - shop sold out of the best bits of merchandise really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dubs - was it you wanting to start an Orcs and Goblins army? - I have some stuff I'm trying to get rid of if you're interested...

    - Drax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures. I really like that guys work. Should we look for an Airbase and HQ terrain making project on your blog soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certainly starting a orc&gobbo army. have fair number of troop choices sorted thanks to bit of ebay buying and the goblins from the starter game box set "battle for skull pass" or what it is called.

    Always interested in expanding it with some of the rare and elite choices. what do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I've a couple of models that might interst you then, I think. Army book too. If you can wait, I'll take some pics over the weekend...I'll contact you first via this comment trail.

    - Drax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and SMIG:

    No. Sadly...no.

    - D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds good drax, will check back over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoops wrong user for above post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thomas/Dubs:

    I've temporarily added my email to my profile (clisk the "admiral drax" directly above). If you email me I can send you some pics...

    - Drax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!