For obvious reasons, many of you recently have been posting either reviews of 2009 or your plans for 2010: it's great to see so many grand plans!
As for me? Well, being a teacher I'm stuck in the academic calendar, and as such my 'new year' really starts on September 1st [also my wedding anniversary: benefit = easy to remember; drawback = easy to be bogged-down with school stuff!]. I'm not much of a one for resolutions either, but I fancied posting, so here are some thoughts...
The models I'm proud of from '09 include my mortars, my finished wyvern, and the finishing of (almost) all of my veterans, including G/Sgt Harker and the second veteran heavy weapon team:
The painting I'm proud of includes freehand details on some guardsmen (numbers and aquilas), freehand nose art on a sentinel, and some attempts at edging on a space marine objective marker for a mate:
I'd hoped to finish off my infantry comapny by the end of my Christmas holidays, but that didn't happen, so things to try to get done this year include the following:
- Finish the last of my basic infantry (bringing the total company strength to 164 pax)
- Finish my sentinels and Leman Russes
- Finish off a few charcter models
- Paint at least another few stormtroopers
- Paint my increasingly ancient (FW) baneblade
- Paint my third squad of (old metal) armoured fist troops
- Get more scenery built/painted (mostly painted)
- Finish some of my Warhammer FB units properly.
Interestingly, I've no desire to buy any new models. Of course, some of the next IG models could be great...but I certainly don't need anything new, and I've managed to resist those valks so far!
Here's to a good 2010, eh
(Guess who's avoiding the huge pile of marking he has in front of him!)